Winter NAMM is coming and Alternate Mode (K.A.T.) is showing their new product line-up before the big convention. The DITI is a new full featured TMI (Trigger Midi Interface). This will be the most robust TMI on the market once it starts shipping. Preliminary information is pointing at a price between $200-300 (more to come on this later). The following specs are from Alternate Mode‘s website:
- Twelve stereo input jacks allow up to 12 dual zone pads or 24 independent membrane switches.
- Can also be used with continuous controller HiHat input.
- On-board microprocessor allows 1024 levels of dynamics.
- Each pad is preassigned its own channel, MIDID note number, velocity range and response curve – which can be fully “trained” for superior response.
- Features a greatly simplified control panel.
- Global instrument changes can be sent quickly via SYS EX from a PC
If you get a chance, be sure to check out Alternate Mode‘s website for other new products such as