Alesis will most likely be introduced the new Alesis DM7 USB Electronic Drum Kit at PASIC on Nov 10 in Indianapolis. Hellfiredrums.com was made aware of this from a post at our sister site DMdrummer.com. Thanks goes to DMdrummer.com member Vaikl. Here is the link to the topic on DMdrummer.com as a reference: DM 7 with three-zone snare pad at the door?
Here are a few more pic (links) of the kit.
Alesis DM7 USB Electronic Drum Kit Key Features are:
- Five-drum, three-cymbal drum kit with USB-enabled drum module
- More than 400 stereo sounds in 80 kits
- Large, triple-zone snare pad for triggering head, rimshot and cross-stick sounds
- Crash with choke feature to immediately stop the sound
- Customize each drum and cymbal’s volume, pan, tuning, and reverb, and apply EQs
- Play along with your iPod or other music source using the mix input
- Pre-assembled DMRack for quick setup and stable support
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC works with virtually all music software
- Includes Toontrack EZ Drummer Lite software
Alesis DM7 USB Kit Electronic Drum Set Includes:
- DM7 USB drum module
- Triple-zone 12″ drum pad
- (3) Single-zone 8″ pads
- Kick pad with stand
- 8″ Hi-hat
- 12″ Crash with choke
- 12″ Ride
- Hi-hat control pedal
- DMRack with mounting hardware
- Cable snake
- Module mount
- Power supply
- Software CD
- Quick start guide
For more information on the Alesis DM7 USB Electronic Drum Kit, be sure to visit Alesis.com.
ok i, like my name says am a newbie at the edrum kit game, here it goes, and sorry if this is a dumb question. What is the importance of a usb connection.
It allows a user to connect it to their PC/MAC so they can take advantage of drum VSTi’s and/or record the midi data that is sent.
looks like this is Alesis version of the Simmons SD7PK e kit.
No, it is not the same. The module is very different and Simmons/Medeli doesn’t have a three zone snare.
I bought the DM7, and I am really enjoying it, however, there is no “how to” manual. Does anyone out there know of a better instruction manual on how to use and access the features that it has?
For some strange reason alesis hasn’t put out the full blown manual yet. I don’t know why. I would keep checking the alesis website for time to time to see if they release a full blown manual. You could also try going to DMdrummer.com. It is a fan forum site for alesis edrum users. There is a lot of good info there and a few of them do use a DM7 kit. I hope that helps.